Menu QR Codes for Restaurants
QR Code Usage Takes Off
Restaurants everywhere have adopted QR codes as part of their front-line marketing efforts during COVID. Two things led to this skyrocketing use. Obviously, the pandemic made social distancing critical for restaurant operations. Less obviously, the technology matured to the point where it's fully integrated into every smartphone camera and the average customer understands how it works. Simply point your camera at the dotted square and a link pops up on your smartphone that can take you anywhere on the web.
Restaurants are discovering that QR Codes provide many benefits beyond contactless access to a digital menu. They allow restaurants to cater to younger audiences that do everything on their phones. They also create opportunities to streamline other services, like ordering and payment. The advantages are so numerous that QR Codes should stay relevant long after the pandemic, not as a total replacement for the traditional restaurant experience, but as a convenience with many added benefits.
The Power of MustHaveMenus' Pro QR Codes
Our Pro QR Codes give restaurants an endless number of ways to serve customers through their phones. The codes can be used with each of our 10,000 design templates, including menus, table signs, posters, flyers, business cards and much more.
Our Pro QR Code tools are designed to be easily managed by non-technical users. Restaurant managers can create and manage unlimited QR codes, add a code with one click to any design, and even swap links on a single code to avoid reprinting marketing materials. MustHaveMenus QR Codes provide the best way to connect online and traditional marketing.
- Add a Code to anything. Print a QR code on anything from menus to marketing materials like flyers, table tents, and sandwich boards.
- Change links. At any time, link your QR code to a different menu or web page without having to reprint the code.
- Easy menu updates. Quickly change menu items, prices, and descriptions that appear on your digital menu whenever you want.
- Ongoing convenience. Easily manage all your codes within our design tool so you can quickly use them in new marketing efforts.
QR Code Industry Trends
Beyond linking to marketing materials, there are efforts within the restaurant industry to link QR Codes even deeper into your digital sales operations. These codes may come from your website provider, CRM software, or even POS provider. These efforts leverage even bigger consumer trends like the movement to online ordering and cashless payments. Keep an eye out for these trends:
- Online Ordering: Drop customers right into an online ordering form on your website. There they can browse your offerings, make selections, and place their orders without interacting with waitstaff. Due to COVID social distancing requirements, this idea may catch on even for some dine-in locations.
- Cashless Payments: Cash seems to be disappearing from the modern economy and consumers are trusting apps like Square's CashApp, PayPal, Venmo, and ApplePay. Some restaurant software companies are providing integrations into all of these, so that payments can be made either by scanning a QR Code on a receipt, or upfront when placing the original order.
- Relationship Building: Using QR codes to conduct more business online also creates a digital trail of marketing data. Some restaurant CRM companies will help you build complete profiles of your customers so you can deliver more email promotions, digital coupons, and more.
QR codes languished as a technology for many years because they were ugly and inconvenient. Now that COVID has accelerated their adoption, the potential use cases to benefit restaurants continues to expand.
In-Store QR Displays
Once you upload your menu and create a QR code, you'll need to post it around your restaurant. Here are some great ways to put your QR code where your customers can easily see and scan it:
Give your customers the option to scroll through a digital version of your menu on a phone.
Put the QR code right in front of your customers in an unobtrusive manner with free-standing table tents.
Just slide the insert into the holder and start scanning.
A cheap and effective means to post your QR code all over your windows and walls.
Spread your menu all over town with flyers featuring your QR code.
Let passerby scan your QR code with free-standing sidewalk signage.
How to create a touchless menu with MustHaveMenus
IN 4 EASY STEPS
Browse designs to get started
1. Choose a template to display the QR code. Many of them already have a suggested spot to place your QR code.
2. In the Graphics tab, select QR Codes, then the Saved Design option.
3. Once you select the menu you'd like your QR code to link to, place the QR code graphic wherever you like on your design.
4. Then simply order your prints or download a PDF, and you'll have a QR code that's ready to be scanned.