- Email Marketing for Caterers
- How To Collect Your Customers' Email Addresses
- It Pays to Use an Email Marketing Service Provider
- Building and Growing Email Contact Lists
- How to Write a Winning Marketing Email Message: Zeroing In On Specifics
- Add a Personal Touch to Your Restaurant Email Marketing Campaign
- How To Promote Your Restaurant Through Email Marketing
- How To Write a Restaurant Email Newsletter
- Restaurant Event Email Marketing
- Why Restaurants Should Use Email Marketing
- How to Write a Winning Marketing Email Message
- Bring Customers Back with Restaurant Loyalty Email Marketing
- Promoting Valentine's Day with Restaurant Email Marketing
How to Choose a Great Email Marketing Service
Finding a Top Notch Email Marketing Service Provider
Browse 1000's of gorgeous menu templates.
You’ve decided to add email marketing to your restaurant’s marketing program—and you’re looking for a provider that can meet your needs. What should the company you hire be able to do? What functions and features should you look for?
Building and Improving Mailing ListsLook for an email marketing company that has auto triggered messages - these are emails that go out automatically to your guests based on a piece of info from the guest. For example, an email wishing them Happy Birthday (with an offer of a free dessert) a week before their birthday. Email messages like this build loyalty and drive repeat business. They also save you time since they’re sent out automatically!
If you’re just starting to email to a list of members, it’s a good idea to ask if your guests information is correct. Ask them to give you their Birthday and Wedding Anniversary, so you can give them a little something on those special dates. Creating different interest lists is also a great way to improve your emails. Consider creating a list just for Kids Events, Wine Dinners, or Special Tastings. Mention that your customers could become members of those lists as well to be kept up to date on the events they’re most interested in.
Email that Highlights Your Professionalism and Company IdentityAlso look for an email marketing company that offers a range of high-quality, professionally designed email templates. You’ll want templates that look good, can be customized to fit with your company’s visual identity and brand, work with a wide range of email programs and comply with all e-commerce laws and standards of good Web and email design. Check out some of MustHaveMenus' restaurant email banners, borders and backgrounds.
By the Numbers: Tracking Email Marketing SuccessAlso, seek out an email marketing service that offers analytics, or tracking of messages once they leave you and make their way to your customers. At a minimum, a service should be able to tell you how many of the messages you sent were delivered, how many were opened (the open rate) and the click-through rate (CTR), or the number of message recipients who clicked on specific links in your message. Fishbowl provides its clients with reports on all the aforementioned variables, as well as how many recipients email addresses bounced and how many recipients opted out of receiving further communications.
Written by: Kate Hough