RESTAURANT STARTUP GUIDE
Menus, Marketing, & Management tips to grow your restaurant business.
- Basic Restaurant Menu Layout
- Design Ideas to Transform Your Breakfast Menu
- Christmas Menu Design Tips
- Dine-In Menu Printing: How To Optimize Your Menu Design and Printing
- How to Design a Fancy Fine Dining Menu
- How to Design a Great Food Cart Menu
- How To Create A Memorable Food Cart Menu
- French Restaurant Menu Design
- Golf Course Menu Design
- Happy Hour Menu Ideas To Make Your Menu Standout
- Increasing Sales with Your Restaurant Menu
- Menu Engineering 101
- Kids Menu Ideas
- Landscape Menu Design
- Menu Design Ideas
- Menu Prices
- Menu Printing
- Restaurant Menu Design Tips
- Menu Writing Success
- Why Choose a Tri-fold Menu Design
- Design Tips for a Wedding Menu
- Layout and Design Tips for a Wine List
Wedding Menu Ideas
When you’re getting married, you want everything to be perfect. The dress, the decorations…even the menu.
When designing a wedding menu, there are several elements to consider including the font, images and layout. All these components come together to provide a product that is cohesive with your wedding theme, whatever that may be.
What’s Included on a Wedding Menu?A wedding menu is usually a single rectangular piece of paper that lists the selection of food to be served that evening. It will typically offer a few choices for an appetizer, salad, main course and dessert.
Couples may also choose to include their names and the wedding date on the top of the menu. They may also want to feature a picture of themselves or small flowers or images that make the menu look more attractive.
Your Wedding ThemeDifferent weddings have different themes. There are country weddings, fairytale weddings, elegant, bohemian and even sci-fi.
Couples will want their theme to come through in every component of their wedding, and that includes their wedding menus. Their theme will come into play in the menu design elements they choose.
Finding the Right PaperThe paper you choose for your menu will set the tone in terms of elegance and durability. There are many types of paper you can choose from, but here are some of the most common.
· Pearlescent: Pearlescent paper has a soft glow that projects the ultimate in elegance.
· Recycled: With an emphasis on saving the environment, many couples will opt for recycled paper. This paper can have a smooth, matte finish that looks just as elegant as any other paper options.
· Double and Triple Thick: If luxury and durability is a major concern, you can order menus made of double and triple thick paper. These are made of two or three layers of paper and provide a creamy cotton texture. What’s more, they are virtually unbendable.
Wedding Menu ColorsMenu templates typically feature a few colors. The paper will have its own hue while the print and additional design elements will bring other colors into the mix. Couples usually have wedding colors previously picked out that they will want to include in their menu design.
Wedding Menu LayoutThe layout of your menu card is another consideration. Couples that choose a country theme may go for a simple design that is pretty straightforward. However, couples that are going for a modern wedding might choose a layout that includes block letters, geometric shapes, edge effects and more.
Silhouette: Many menu cards feature simple rectangular shapes but there are other options available. You can go for rounded or straight edges. Other silhouettes have curly edges which provide an elegant look. Want something cute and fun? How about a menu shaped like a price tag?
Font: Menu printing companies provide a variety of fonts that range in style from curly and elegant to blocky and modern. Once again, couples will choose a look that best complements the theme of their wedding. However, it’s important to make sure the font can be read clearly so that guests don’t need to be constantly asking the servers what’s on the menu.
Now that you know all you need to know about wedding menu design, what elements will you be including to make your big day perfect?
Print with Us!
High-quality printing for menus, flyers, business cards, and all the essentials you need to run a successful restaurant.
Ships next business day!