- How to Advertise Your Bar Offline
- Bar Customer Service
- Managing a Bar
- Bar Website
- A Successful Bar Starts with a Good Bar Manager
- How to Design a Bar Menu
- How to Interview Bar Employees
- How To Promote Your Bar
- What To Serve at a Wine Tasting
- How to Hold a Wine Tasting
Bar Social Media
How Social Media Benefits Upscale Cocktail Bars
Menus Made Easy
With over 3,000 menu templates, you're guaranteed to find the perfect look.
Members get exclusive print pricing and the ultimate in convenience.
Easily publish your menus to Facebook, your website and more.Try It Free
Social media sites are a modern way to advertise your business and communicate with current and future customers. Most social media sites are free to join and free to use. With no costs and the potential for many benefits, why wouldn't you use social media to promote your bar? The trick is knowing how to do it well.
Facebook for BarsCreate a Facebook account for your bar, and start a Page. Don't hesitate to send invites via Facebook and advertise your Page in monthly email newsletters. Place photographs of your bar at the top of your Facebook Page to show people what a nice, refined atmosphere your establishment is. A smiling bartender and well-dressed customers holding cocktails will set the tone.
Set the privacy settings so anybody can access the Page. Potential customers can see the ambiance you offer in the pictures on Facebook, become a fan, and come to your bar for a visit. Make sure to log in to Facebook at least once per week to update your Page with any news or special events. And of course, advertise hours of operation and location on your Page.
Twitter for BarsTwitter allows users to post short messages called "tweets." Unlike hosting a page that people can visit at their convenience, Twitter members must be active to be visible on Twitter.
Tweet something about your bar at least once per day to keep your business in people's minds. Use Twitter to advertise company practices, for example:
- Tweet about an organic wine.
- Tweet a high end drink suggestion.
- Suggest that patrons drop in after a movie.
- Repeat nice compliments that customers give you or your employees.
Hootsuite for BarsHootsuite is a free organizational tool that helps you manage your social media accounts. Join Hootsuite then easily link Hootsuite to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Hootsuite is a great time saver for business owners who are savvy about social media sites.
- Use Hootsuite to post an update to one or more social media sites at once. This saves you the time of logging in to multiple sites to make the post.
- Schedule updates for future posting. If you want to post something tomorrow but will be very busy, prepare the post today; Hootsuite posts when you tell it to. You can also set up multiple messages for multiple posting times; for example, schedule all of the week's trivia questions today.
- If you messages include a link, then Hootsuite tracks how many times any individual link is clicked on. Each of your posts is clicked on statistics on which of your posts are most popular, and how many times they are read.
- Hootsuite also tracks regions from which your links are being clicked on.
Written by: Beth Taylor